For women with ovarian cancer, early identification of BRCA mutations can help determine the most appropriate treatment plan, and if the mutation is germline, can also support
Whilst germline BRCA testing for women with ovarian cancer is now commissioned by NHS England, funding for tumour BRCA testing remains limited.4,5 Therefore, to support identification of these women, AstraZeneca is providing a tumour BRCA testing service at certain sites in the UK for patients who meet the eligibility criteria.
Here you can find out more about BRCA testing, what the AstraZeneca
- Tan, D. S. P. & Kaye, S. B. Chemotherapy for Patients with BRCA1 and BRCA2-Mutated Ovarian Cancer: Same or Different? Am. Soc. Clin. Oncol. Educ. Book Am. Soc. Clin. Oncol. Meet. 114–121 (2015).
- EMA. Lynparza 50mg hard capsules Summary of Product Characteristics, May 2018 https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/medicine/30359 Accessed April 2019.
- Inherited genes and cancer types. Cancer Research UK (2015). Available at: http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/causes-of-cancer/inherited-cancer-genes-and-increased-cancer-risk/inherited-genes-and-cancer-types. (Accessed: September 2018)
- NHS England E01/P/b. Clinical Commissioning Policy: Genetic Testing for BRCA1 and BRCA2 Mutations. Available at: https://www.england.nhs.uk/commissioning/wp-content/uploads/sites/12/2015/10/e01pb-brca-ovarian-cancer-oct15.pdf. (Accessed: September 2018)
- Fotopoulou, C. et al. British Gynaecological Cancer Society (BGCS) Epithelial Ovarian / Fallopian Tube / Primary Peritoneal Cancer Guidelines: Recommendations for Practice.
- Konstantinopoulos, P. A., Ceccaldi, R., Shapiro, G. I. & D’Andrea, A. D. Homologous recombination deficiency: Exploiting the fundamental vulnerability of ovarian cancer. Cancer Discov. 5, 1137–1154 (2015).
- Wallace, A. J. New challenges for BRCA testing: a view from the diagnostic laboratory. Eur. J. Hum. Genet. 24, S10–S18 (2016).
- Mafficini, A. et al. BRCA somatic and germline mutation detection in paraffin embedded ovarian cancers by next-generation sequencing. Oncotarget 7, 1076–1083 (2016).
GB-16276 - Date of preparation: March 2019