How do you choose the right DPP-4 inhibitor for your patients with type 2 diabetes?
Dual therapy: add-on to metformin1-3
1. De Fronzo et al. Diabetes Care 2009; 32: 1649-1655.
2. De Fronzo et al. ADA Abstr 547 Diabetes 2009; 58 (Suppl 1): A147.
3. ONGLYZA® Summary of Product Characteristics. https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/6675/smpc (Last accessed July 2018).
Onglyza: Clinically relevant HbA1c reductions in patients with renal impairment vs placebo
In patients with moderate to severe renal impairment, Onglyza 2.5 mg resulted in :
1. Nowicki M et al. Int J Clin Pract 2011; 65; 1230-1239.
2. Nowicki M et al. Diabetes Obes Metab 2011; 13: 523-532.
Onglyza vs SU*
*Onglyza 5 mg + metformin was considered non-inferior to glipizide + metformin as the upper limit of the 95% confidence of the treatment difference in the per protocol (PP) analysis was <0.35 at 1 year.
Mean baseline HbA1c of 7.5% for both groups. PP analysis: n=293 in each arm.
1. Goke B et al. Int J Clin Pract 2010; 64(12): 1619-1631.
2. Goke B et al. Int J Clin Pract 2013; 67(4): 307-316.