FORXIGA® is a highly selective SGLT2 inhibitor for type 2 diabetes mellitus, with 4-year safety and efficacy data, that removes glucose and its associated calories via the kidney.1
FORXIGA® is the only SGLT2 inhibitor with UK-specific real world evidence from the CPRD database3
Patients in the UK initiated on FORXIGA® with metformin:
- Experienced an average reduction in HbA1c of more than 1.1 % when treated for 6 months or longer with FORXIGA®3
- Results from real-world evidence studies may not necessarily relate to the effect of the intervention/treatment alone. Results should be interpreted in the context of randomised controlled trial findings.
What is CPRD?
- CPRD stands for Clinical Practice Research Datalink29
- A governmental, not-for-profit research service, jointly funded by the NHS National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) and the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA)29
Across all diabetes treatment combinations, 70% of UK patients receiving FORXIGA® for at least 6 months experienced both a reduction in HbA1c and weight loss3*
* FORXIGA® is not indicated for weight loss.1
All ‘on-label’ patients with measures.3
Results from real-world evidence studies may not necessarily relate to the effect of the intervention/treatment alone. N numbers in the chart above reflect the specific number of patients for whom a reading was taken at the time-points specified, and not the total number of patients who entered the study.3