FORXIGA® (dapagliflozin) is a highly selective SGLT2 inhibitor for type 2 diabetes mellitus, with 4-year safety and efficacy data, that removes glucose and its associated calories via the kidney.1
FORXIGA®(dapagliflozin) in secondary care
Start change earlier for your patients
Consider FORXIGA® (dapagliflozin) ahead of a GLP-1 for:
- A numerically similar reduction in HbA1c to once-weekly exenatide, a GLP-1 (in an RCT)10
- The secondary benefit of weight loss, proportional to patient BMI1,4
- Simple dosing1
RCT randomised controlled trial.
What could FORXIGA® (dapagliflozin) do for your patients ahead of a GLP-1 and across the treatment pathway?
FORXIGA® (dapagliflozin) can be used in combination with insulin, with data available up to 104 weeks32
Adapted from Wilding JP et al. 2014
At 24 weeks (primary endpoint), mean HbA1c was reduced by 0.96% with FORXIGA® (dapagliflozin) compared with 0.39% with placebo (p<0.001, mean difference 0.57% [CI 0.42%, 0.72%]).36
In a Phase 3 trial, FORXIGA® (dapagliflozin) showed:
- A numerically similar reduction in HbA1c to once-weekly exenatide (a GLP-1)10
- A 2% reduction in HbA1c at 28 weeks when given in combination with once-weekly exenatide (as a dual
- No new, or unexpected, safety findings for Bydureon or Forxiga were noted during the DURATION-8 trial, consistent with the PI, over 52 weeks10
Reduction from baseline in HbA1c at week 28 with FORXIGA® (dapagliflozin), exenatide and FORXIGA® (dapagliflozin) + exenatide10
Adapted from Frías JP et al. 2016.
Statistical significance for the between-group difference was not tested.10
GLP-1, glucagon-like peptide 1; LS, least-squares; CI, confidence interval.