FORXIGA® (dapagliflozin) is a highly selective SGLT2 inhibitor for type 2 diabetes mellitus, with 4-year safety and efficacy data, that removes glucose and its associated calories via the kidney.1
- Forxiga 10 mg
film coatedtablets. Summary of Product Characteristics. October 2017. https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/7607/smpc
- Astrazeneca DOF/031/Sept 2017
- Rosenstock J et al. Dual add-on therapy in type 2 diabetes poorly controlled with metformin monotherapy: a randomized double-blind trial of saxagliptin plus dapagliflozin addition versus single addition of saxagliptin or dapagliflozin to metformin. Diabetes Care. 2015; 38(3):376-383.
doi: 10.2337/dc 14-1142
- Shatskov A et al. Efficacy and safety of dapagliflozin in patients with type 2 diabetes: outcomes by Body Mass Index. Poster presented at the American Diabetes Association 76th Scientific Sessions; 10-14
June,2016; New Orleans, LA, USA. Poster 1141 -P.
- Bailey CJ et al. Dapagliflozin add-on to metformin in type 2 diabetes inadequately controlled with metformin: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled 102-week trial. BMC medicine. 2013;11(1):43.
- Bailey CJ et al. Effect of dapagliflozin in patients with type 2 diabetes who have inadequate glycaemic control with metformin: a
randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Lancet. 2010;375(9733):2223-33. doi: 10.1016/S0140-6736(10)60407-2.
- Nauck MA et al. Dapagliflozin versus glipizide as add-on therapy in patients with type 2 diabetes who have inadequate glycemic control with metformin: a randomized, 52-week, double-blind, active-controlled noninferiority trial. Diabetes
care. 2011 34(9):2015-2022. doi: 10.2337/dc11-0606.
- Yang W et al. Efficacy and safety of dapagliflozin in Asian patients with type 2 diabetes after metformin failure: a randomized controlled trial. J diabetes. 2016;8(6):796-808.
- Müller-Wieland D et al. Presented at the Annual Scientific Conference of the German Diabetes Association. 2017
- Frías JP et al. Exenatide once weekly plus dapagliflozin once daily versus exenatide or dapagliflozin alone in patients with type 2 diabetes inadequately controlled with metformin monotherapy (DURATION-8): a 28 week, multicentre, double-blind, phase 3,
randomisedcontrolled trial. Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol. 2016;4(12):1004-1016. doi: 10.1016/S2213-8587(16)30267-4.
- Del Prato S et al. Long‐term glycaemic response and tolerability of dapagliflozin versus a sulphonylurea as add‐on therapy to metformin in patients with type 2 diabetes: 4‐year data. Diabetes Obes Metab. 2015;17(6):581-90.
- Weber MA et al. Blood pressure and glycaemic effects of dapagliflozin versus placebo in patients with type 2 diabetes on combination antihypertensive therapy: a
randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase 3 study. Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol. 2016;4(3):211-220. doi: 10.1016/S2213-8587(15)00417-9.
- Data on File: FOR/040/July2018
- Frias JP et al. DURATION-8 52 week Ext Poster Presentation 141 LB presented at ADA 2017
- Wilding J et al. Dapagliflozin therapy for type 2 diabetes in primary care: Changes in HbA1c, weight and blood pressure over 2 years follow-up. Prim care diabetes. 2017;11(5):437-44.
- Wilding J et al. Dapagliflozin therapy for type 2 diabetes in primary care: Changes in HbA1c, weight and blood pressure over 2 years follow-up. Prim Care Diabetes 2017. DOI http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.pcd.2017.04.004: Appendix A. Supplementary data.
- Grandy S et al. Changes in weight loss‐related quality of life among type 2 diabetes mellitus patients treated with dapagliflozin. Diabetes Obes Metab. 2014; 16(7):645-50.
- Hardy E et al. Dapagliflozin decreases both HbA1c and body weight in the majority of patients with type 2 diabetes. Poster presented at the American Diabetes Association 72nd Scientific Sessions; 8-12 June 2012; Philadelphia, PA, USA. Poster 987-P
- Whaley JM et al. Targeting the kidney and glucose excretion with dapagliflozin: preclinical and clinical evidence for SGLT2 inhibition as a new option for treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus. Diabetes Metab Syndr Obes. 2012;5:135-148.
- Geerlings SE. Urinary tract infections in patients with diabetes mellitus: epidemiology, pathogenesis
andtreatment. Int J of Antimicrob Agents. 2008;31 :S54-S57.
- Endocrinologic and Metabolic Drugs Advisory Committee Meeting (EMDAC). Dapagliflozin BMS-512148. December 2013.
- Invokana (Canagliflozin) 100 mg and 300 mg film-coated tablets. Summary of Product Characteristics. September 2017. https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/8855
- Jardiance (Empagliflozin) 25 mg film-coated tablets. Summary of Product Characteristics. January 2018. https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/7703
- Ptaszynska A et al. Effect of dapagliflozin on renal function. Poster presented at American Diabetes Association 72nd Scientific Sessions, 8-12 June 2012; Philadelphia, PA, USA. Poster 1098-P.
- Sonesson C et al. Cardiovascular effects of dapagliflozin in patients with type 2 diabetes and different risk categories: a meta-analysis. Cardiovasc
diabetol. 2016;15(1):37. doi: 10.1186/s12933-016-0356-y.
- List J et al. No increased risk of early or late adjudicated cardiovascular events with dapagliflozin [abstract]. Circulation. 2014; 130: A 16682.
- Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency. Welcome to Clinical Practice Research Datalink. Available from: https://www.cprd.com/home/ [Accessed May 2018]
- Chen J et al. Quantitative PCR tissue expression profiling of the human SGLT2 gene and related family members. Diabetes Ther. 2010;1(2), 57-92.
- Idris I and Donnelly R. Sodium–glucose co‐transporter‐2 inhibitors: an emerging new class of oral antidiabetic drug. Diabetes Obes Metab. 2009;11(2):79-88.
- Rosenstock et al. Composite endpoint analysis of dapagliflozin versus saxagliptin as add-on therapy in patients with type 2 diabetes inadequately controlled with metformin. Poster presented at the 14th Annual World Congress on Insulin Resistance, Diabetes & Cardiovascular Disease (WCIRDC), 1-3 December 2016; Los Angeles, CA, USA. Poster 99.
- Onglyza 2.5 mg and 5 mg film-coated tablets. Summary of Product Characteristics. June 2017. https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/6675
- Wilding JP et al. Dapagliflozin in patients with type 2 diabetes receiving high doses of insulin: efficacy and safety over 2 years. Diabetes Obes Metab. 2014;16(2):124-136.
- Ljunggren O, et al. Diab Obes Metab 2012; 14: 990–999
- Jabbour S et al . Diabetes Obes Metab. 2017: 1-9
- Mills L, et al. J Diab Nurs 2014; 18: 8–12.
- Wilding JP, et al. Ann Intern Med 2012; 156: 405–415.
GB-11655 Date of preparation: August 2018